Weddings & Events at Hunt Phelan
Memphis' most elegant historic site
This Greek Revival mansion displays a rich and elegant civil war past, with host to 5 presidents. The grounds have lush gardens and many beautiful backdrops that will make your day a memorable delight. Hunt Phelan is perfect for a variety of weddings and events with a commercial kitchen, amazing dinning, spacious bar area, and more.
• Oldest most preserved house in Memphis
• Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
• Extensive Civil War History
• Designed by Robert Mills; architect of the Washington Monument
Services and Features
• Available for the most intimate gatherings to the largest events & weddings
• Safe Secure On-Site Parking
• 6.5 Gated Acres located on Memphis' historic Beale Street
• 10,000 Square feet
• Beautiful hand painted, Gold leaf ceilings
Built between 1828 - 1832, the home was host to many well known Tennesseans such as President Andrew Jackson, Jefferson Davis and General N.B. Forest. Confederate General Leonidas Polk planed the battle of Corinth in the home and General U.S. Grant later used the house as his headquarters where he devised the Vicksburg campaign. The home also served as a Union hospital. After the war, one of the first schools for freed slaves was built on the property by the Freedman’s Bureau.